Monday, October 08, 2012

General Conference Excerpts


“…If ye have experienced a change of heart, and if ye have felt to sing the song of redeeming love, I would ask, can ye feel so now?” Immersion in the scriptures is essential for spiritual nourishment. The word of God inspires commitment and acts as a healing balm for hurt feelings, anger, or disillusionment. When our commitment is diminished for any reason, part of the solution is repentance. Commitment and repentance are closely intertwined. How we treat those closest to us is of fundamental importance. The foundation of kindness and civility begins in our homes. It is not surprising that our public discourse has declined in equal measure with the breakdown of the family. The family is the foundation for love and for maintaining spirituality. The family promotes an atmosphere where religious observance can flourish. There is indeed beauty all around when there’s love at home.

“I’m a Mormon. I know it. I live it. I love it.” “I’m a Mormon. Are you?” “For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth.” As members, we are followers of our Savior, Jesus Christ. With so many distractions, do we have the strength, discipline, and commitment to remain focused on what matters most? We act with integrity and do what we know is right “at all times and in all things, and in all places,” no matter who may, or may not, be watching.

An Unspeakable Gift from God ...the Holy Ghost. The primary purpose of the Holy Ghost is to bear witness of God the Father and of His Son Jesus Christ, and to teach us the truth of all things. During times of trouble or despair, or simply when we need to know that God is near, the Holy Ghost can lift our spirits, give us hope, and teach us the peaceable things of the kingdom” helping us feel “the peace of God, which passeth all understanding.”

"Because I Live, Ye Shall Live Also" On that bright glorious morning of the first resurrection, your loved ones and mine will come forth from the grave as promised by the Lord himself and we will have a fullness of joy. Because he lives, they and we shall live also.

Ask the Missionaries! They Can Help You! [Missionaries] are blessed with gifts—such as the power of the Holy Spirit, the love of God, and testimonies of the truth—that make them powerful ambassadors of the Lord. You love the Lord and often think of returning to His fold. But you don't know how to start. I suggest that you ask the missionaries! They can help you! They can also help by teaching your loved ones. We and the missionaries love you and desire to bring joy and the light of the gospel back into your lives. you may want to know how to conquer an addiction, or live longer, and enjoy better health. Ask the missionaries! They can help you! You may feel that life is busy and frenetic, yet down deep in your heart you feel a gnawing emptiness, without direction or purpose. Ask the missionaries! They can help you! If you have concerns about your family, ask the missionaries! They can help you! Missionaries can also help you with your desire for greater knowledge. The human spirit yearns for enlightenment. Whether truth comes from a scientific laboratory or by revelation from God, we seek it! The glory of God indeed is intelligence. And if you want to know more about life after death, about heaven, about God’s plan for you; if you want to know more about the Lord Jesus Christ, His atonement, and the restoration of His church as it was originally established, ask the missionaries! They can help you!

Of Regrets and Resolutions ...I Wish I Had Spent More Time with the People I Love. I Wish I Had Lived Up to My Potential. I Wish I Had Let Myself Be Happier. We do matter. We determine our happiness. You and I are ultimately in charge of our own happiness. Sometimes in life, we become so focused on the finish line that we fail to find joy in the journey.
We shouldn’t wait to be happy until we reach some future point, only to discover—that happiness was available—all the time! No matter our circumstances, no matter our challenges or trials, there is something in each day to embrace and cherish. There is something in each day that can bring gratitude and joy if only we will see and appreciate it. Resolve to spend more time with those we love. Resolve to strive more earnestly to become the person God wants us to be. Resolve to find happiness, regardless of our circumstances.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home