Two New Projects
This has been a busy week for us "oldsters". During his last trip to New York with our oldest son Eric, my husband mentioned that it would be "cool" (yes we really are "oldsters" and a product of the 70's!) if we started collecting and framing posters of all of our favorite musicals. The only stipulation being that we had to have actually seen the musical live before it could go up on the wall. And yes ...between the two of us we have seen a LOT of musicals, not only in various cities around the U.S. but on Broadway as well!
Our son helped us get started by presenting us with our first two posters as Christmas gifts; the Lion King and Les Miserable which are two of our all time favorites. Since then my husband has purchased 5 additional posters and he spent the day on Saturday framing them himself. I have to admit they turned out pretty amazing. The colors are eye popping and they will definitely brighten up our upstairs family room where we plan to hang them.
He enlisted our daughter Whitney to over see the project since she is a humanities major and has worked for the Springville Art Museum in Utah. We figured with her on board we can't go too far wrong in putting together our personal art gallery. The pictures aren't the greatest because I used my phone camera ...but you
get the idea.

Our son helped us get started by presenting us with our first two posters as Christmas gifts; the Lion King and Les Miserable which are two of our all time favorites. Since then my husband has purchased 5 additional posters and he spent the day on Saturday framing them himself. I have to admit they turned out pretty amazing. The colors are eye popping and they will definitely brighten up our upstairs family room where we plan to hang them.
He enlisted our daughter Whitney to over see the project since she is a humanities major and has worked for the Springville Art Museum in Utah. We figured with her on board we can't go too far wrong in putting together our personal art gallery. The pictures aren't the greatest because I used my phone camera ...but you
get the idea.







While my husband was working on his project I decided it was time get going on one of my own. I wanted to weed and till my vegetable garden and get it ready for planting before the Spring rains start . It was a big job with all of the weeds that had sprouted up over the Winter and took from 10:00 am to 4:00 pm with only a quick lunch break. I'm happy to say I'm just about finished but boy do my muscles ache! I've discovered muscles I didn't know I had and spent most of the day on Sunday hobbling around. I guess the good news is that I actually still have muscles that can ache. They better get ready because round two is just about to begin!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home