The Little Free Library
I have been a member of bookcrossing for many years, where we are encouraged to register and release books into the wild for people to find and read ...and possibly re-release so we can track their travels around the world. In the latest bookcrossing newsletter they shared a new and exciting way to release books ...through a "Little Free Library". I was enchanted by all of the cute designs they had come up with using mostly re purposed building materials. You know ...old barns, windows, dog houses, mail boxes, left over lumber that would normally be thrown away. I love the idea of reusing something so it doesn't end up in our land fills. Taking something old, and making it beautiful again.
I can't wait to see if I can get my dad to build one for me in his handy wood shop. Yes, he loves to build things. So he built a wood shop in his back yard. It's pretty big too, almost like a little guest house filled with every tool (manual and electric) that you can imagine! He's built everything from bird houses to sail boats, and that's just one of his many hobbies. He's a wonder!
Here are some of the "Little Free Libraries" that were show cased. There are all so cute I'm having a hard time deciding which one I like best. Which one is your favorite?



















0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home