My nest is empty
It was with a bit of sadness that I sent my husband and our daughter Whitney off to BYU so she could begin the Fall semester. We got a little spoiled having her home with us after her mission to Russia and I have to admit it softened the blow somewhat to have her here to fill the void when our youngest son headed out into the real world. He left in June so he could attend Summer term (and did quite well for himself I am happy to say!) But alas, the time had come and it was her turn to return to BYU and jump back into college life. It was with a heavy heart that I waved good bye as they drove off into the sunset. Gary went with her to help drive a car out West for her to use.
I felt a bit of melancholy as I wandered through the house walking from empty room to empty room. I was surprised at how quiet it was and how ...empty. I realized wow ...so this is what it will be like from now on. I didn't want to get too depressed about my new life so it wasn't long before I got busy cleaning, and putting things back in order after the chaos of shopping, packing and getting kids underway. I soon remembered how much you can actually get done when no one is home! In a way it was kind of fun to work at a project and not have to stop for any interruptions ...even simple things like having to jump in the car to pick someone up from school, fixing lunches, dinners, running out to buy something for a school assignment, etc. Plus keeping busy helped to take my mind off the fact that I was really missing my family.
It was nice to have everything clean and organized by the time Gary got home. Though it still seems a little strange to realize everything at least in their part of the house will stay that way until Christmas when they'll fly home for the holidays. Will things get messy ...yes. Will I end up with more to do to get ready for their next visit. Yes. Will there be lots of cleaning up to do after they leave? Of course. But ....Yeah! I can't wait!!!
I felt a bit of melancholy as I wandered through the house walking from empty room to empty room. I was surprised at how quiet it was and how ...empty. I realized wow ...so this is what it will be like from now on. I didn't want to get too depressed about my new life so it wasn't long before I got busy cleaning, and putting things back in order after the chaos of shopping, packing and getting kids underway. I soon remembered how much you can actually get done when no one is home! In a way it was kind of fun to work at a project and not have to stop for any interruptions ...even simple things like having to jump in the car to pick someone up from school, fixing lunches, dinners, running out to buy something for a school assignment, etc. Plus keeping busy helped to take my mind off the fact that I was really missing my family.
It was nice to have everything clean and organized by the time Gary got home. Though it still seems a little strange to realize everything at least in their part of the house will stay that way until Christmas when they'll fly home for the holidays. Will things get messy ...yes. Will I end up with more to do to get ready for their next visit. Yes. Will there be lots of cleaning up to do after they leave? Of course. But ....Yeah! I can't wait!!!





Wow ...have you ever seen such clean bathrooms? I know ...even I'm impressed!!!

3 Comments:
Hey - I just got your message about the Christmastime photoshoot... I don't know what dates work best for you, but we'll be in Houston from the 24th to the 28th. I suspect that the day AFTER Christmas would be best for me. Let me know what you think. My email is (mjhudd at gmail dot com)
It is really weird looking at my room, it looks foreign. Almost like that's not what my room looks like, my bed is attached to a desk and next to a window...oh wait the apartment isn't my only room.
That's just because you're not used to seeing your bed made!!!!
Post a Comment
<< Home