Thursday, October 02, 2008

Another year the same old challenge

For those of you who haven't heard about NaNoWriMo it stands for: National Novel Writing Month. It takes place every year in November. This year they are celebrating an anniversary of sorts ..."10 years of literary abandon". People across the nation (world?) take the opportunity to write a novel about anything and everything using only 30 days to accomplish this worthy goal. When complete the word count must be at least 50,000 so I suppose that makes it more of a novella than a novel. But let's not mince words here. The important point I'm trying to make is I am officially declaring (for the 4th year in a row mind you) that I am throwing my hat into the writers ring and plan to participate this year, darn it! That's not an easy thing to do considering I don't even own any hats. Well except for that pink University of Utah visor thing that my niece gave me to help celebrate my 50th birthday. Now if I follow the same course I set in previous years where I promise myself I would do this then failed miserably to follow through, well ...then I'll just have to come back and delete this post!

3 Comments:

Blogger John and Emily Update said...

I just realized how I could talk back to you!! When it comes to this blogging stuff, I pretty much know how to write stuff and publish, and that's it. No fancy wallpapers, no fun music.
I think that is great that you are going to work on writing! Anything in particular for your subject? After 50 years and 32 years of marriage, I'm sure you have lots of good ideas and thoughts (I was catching up). I'm glad your house fared well. It is a scary thing to think that everything you've been working for could, in one night, be gone. I hope life is getting back to normal for you! Till next time!

6:42 AM  
Blogger Carolyn said...

Eeek! I was blog hopping and followed your comment on Russell's blog here and, not knowing a thing about you, was elated to find a fellow NaNoWriMo-er! My husband and I are taking the challenge this upcoming month for the second time! Good luck to you (and to us, I guess). Happy spasmodic writing!

6:41 PM  
Blogger Just a thought... said...

Carolyn this really is a small world! You will have to send me writing tips so I have a better chance at succeeding this year. Good luck to you and your husband and all of the other NaNoWriMo writers out there where ever you are!

6:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home