Fall Adventures
Today has been a busy day. It must be the crisp Fall weather that finally arrived that put me in the mood to do some much needed house cleaning. I'm sure my husband was less than thrilled with all of the early morning racket since he works out of our home. It wasn't long before I noticed that he had closed the door to his office. Oh well, he'll be happy later when he sees our squeaky clean bathrooms, and dust free wooden floors and furniture!
When I finished vacuuming the window blinds in our bedroom (the last job on my list) I decided to spend the afternoon making caramel apples. Not just any caramel apples mind you, but my extra special, extremely yummy caramel apples! Crunchy granny smith apples dunked in creamy caramel, dipped in milk chocolate, and finally rolled in chopped almonds and macadamia nuts. I even took pictures of the process so you will be able to see just how extraordinary they really are.





2 Comments:
Those look so delicious! And messy... how do you take a bite without it getting all over? :)
I keep them in the fridge so the carmel and chocolate stay firm. I really make them for my sweet husband who loves them. (Stephen hates nuts and I don't need the calories!) He usually takes them out of the fridge for a little while to "warm up" a bit then he will cut off a wedge with a sharp knife then just eat that. I don't think it's too messy but you would have to ask him!
Post a Comment
<< Home