The Stars were amazing
I woke up this morning in the pre-dawn hours. That's what I get for going to bed at 10:30 last night. I woke up at about 4:30 am and after laying there for about half an hour and not being able to go back to sleep I decided to get up and get going. Course at 5:00 am what can you do? I decided to take my dog (the mutt we inherited when our daughter went off to college) for a walk. Course he is always game for that so in the seconds it took to click on a leash ...we were off!
The first thing I noticed was that the temperature was very cool with a slight breeze. On the heals of that observation I also noted the humidity, or rather ...the lack there of. Believe me, in Texas when the temperature and humidity drop it's a cause for celebration! It's at this point you realize why you are glad to be living here. Now if the bugs (especially the fire ants) would just disappear I would be a happy camper!
What an amazing walk we had! The sky was full of stars and they were incredibly brilliant. We usually walk a bit later in the morning or early evening when it's not so hot outside but the sky isn't nearly as impressive. Must be something about the timing and the absence of light. It was the perfect place and time for contemplation and to feel gratitude for this amazing world we call home.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home