Yikes, I have Skypes!
I've recently discovered the world of skypes. Have you heard of it? It's actually pretty cool and with the help of an inexpensive web cam and my computer, it enables me to talk for free anywhere in the world. Course sometimes there are too many of us trying to make connections and my call gets dropped or the sound is less than perfect but when it works it is sweet! I have been able to talk to my son in Iraq at odd times of the day and night and it is good to actually see with my own eyes that after a couple of months in a war torn country he is still in one piece. I can't complain since he is in a pretty secure area right now so that is reassuring. I appreciate all of the soldiers it takes to keep him and others in the country safe.
I have been in the planting mode lately. My garden is in, the plants are up and I can't wait to taste the fresh vegetables that are just babies now. I have lots of flowers to plant and my picket fence to paint with a fresh coat of white paint. Spring is a beautiful thing, though in Texas it doesn't last long before the hot, humid days of summer are upon us. You have to enjoy each day while you can because it may be the last cool day before the heat sets in ...you never know. Hard to believe that when we are enjoying 70-80 degree weather that the forcast for my home town tomorrow is for snow! The ski resorts must be doing well this year. But what comes down must eventually melt. I hope they are getting those sand bags ready for state street. I predict another river this year when the snow pack melts!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home